Dental veneers are thin shells of cosmetic resin or porcelain that laminate the topical surface of teeth to fix chips, cracks, discoloration, and gaps between them. A small amount of the enamel is removed from the target tooth to make room for the veneer, and a dental adhesive is used to cement the veneer in place.
Dental veneers are custom-fabricated in a dental laboratory and are prepared to match the color, shape, and size of the neighboring teeth. Also, porcelain veneers are capable of mimicking the light reflecting property of natural teeth, which makes them hard to detect in the mouth.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- Dental veneers are extremely versatile and can treat a plethora of aesthetic issues like improving the tooth color, lengthening short teeth and closing uneven spaces between teeth.
- They are custom-made to fit the exact shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are easily accepted by the gums and cause zero irritation or sensitivity.
- Treat dental issues like chips, cracks and fractures and also orthodontic issues like misalignment and malocclusion.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant and maintain the brightness of your smile for years.
- Correct the damage from clenching and grinding and are less intrusive than dental crowns.
- Dental veneers are durable and if properly cared for, last a lifetime.
- Veneers not only improve your smile but also the quality of your life by enhancing self-esteem and confidence.
- They look natural and blend in really well with the neighboring teeth and even mimic the light reflecting property of the teeth.
- Veneers provide added protection to the teeth they are cemented on to.
- The recovery time after getting your veneers installed is zero. You can resume your daily lifestyle immediately.
How are dental veneers placed?
- Consultation phase
A radiograph examination will be conducted to assess the presence of chips, cracks, and misalignments. Your dentist will conclude the requirements and prepare a custom-suited treatment plan for you.
Digital prints of your mouth will be used to custom-curate the dental veneers to resemble the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth.
- Enamel drilling
A small amount of the enamel, around 0.5mm to 0.7mm, will be drilled to make space for the dental veneer. The drilling procedure will be conducted under local anesthesia to set all discomforts aside. The prepared tooth is covered with a temporary veneer, and digital impressions will be taken and sent to the dental laboratory to custom-curate a permanent dental veneer.
- The fitting process
You will visit your dentist for a second appointment, once the permanent veneer is ready. If you are happy with the fit and color of your new veneer, your dentist will etch the tooth's surface and cement the veneer in its position.
Our team at Damen Dental Associates specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of a variety of dental ailments. This includes dental exams, professional dental cleanings, root canal treatments or cosmetic enhancements like teeth whitening, Botox treatment, and teeth contouring. We also utilize the latest technology like digital X-rays to devise the best treatment plan for you. If you are looking for a smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction, visit Damen Dental Associates for the best dental experience.